When people ask me what I do for a living I tell them:
“I co-own an online store with my daughter where we build and sell elevated feeders for dogs and cats.”
But what I really want to say is:
“ I work with my daughter & dogs running a business and writing a blog.”
And what I really, really want to say is:
“I have the best job because I work with my dogs, write amazing blog posts inspired by the antics of doodles, and binge watch Gossip Girl (I was busy having kids when it was on the air) After teaching in the education world for 15 years I’m determined to have FUN!”
I’m Maureen Lake
And as you’ve probably guessed, I’m a teacher, mother, and dog owner who loves to travel and write. I own a senior dog and a puppy-dog and can’t get enough of their wet noses and furry paws.
And when it comes to sharing information about pets I’m the educational guru.
- I’ve done plenty of research over the years and LOVE writing factual content about important information dog owner need to know. “Research” is my middle name.
- Trendy Pet has been featured in Purina cat commercials, Extreme Makeover (Twice) and on Fox News. We’ve been featured in Modern Cat and Modern Dog.
- When I’m not writing scintillating blog posts I’m working on creating products for our website. Drop me a line if you have any ideas!
When I’m not writing or shipping or creating irresistible products I can be found hiking with my husband Steve, traveling the coastline looking for the best beach (even though I live in Denver) and remodeling a 1926 cottage.
If you’re dying to know more, here are 3 things you don’t know about me…
- I”m a U2 junkie—whenever they go on tour I go with them! 🙂
- I’m obsessed with finding every spoiler I can. I hate surprises.
- I’ve been to two countries across the pond. Ireland and Italy. Yep- I’m ½ & ½
Get to know me and check out my top posts: